Potato Chip Science
29 Incredible Experiments
Snack on science! Make a science of snacks! Potato Chip Science is the book and kit that’s an irresistible introduction to science for 8- to 12-year-olds. Here are 29 incredible experiments—plus one edible project—that use potato chips, potatoes, potato chip bags, tubes, and lids. Included in the bag are a 96-page two-color book and a dozen items that kids can use for the following “snacktivities”:
Bag Blaster – Bird Feeder – Chipmobile – Chip Analyzer – Chip-Ship Challenge – Chip-Tube Gobbler – “Color” Wheel – Compass – Composter – Confetti Can-non – CSI Detective Kit – Dancing Chips – Electric Wave – Flipper – Hydrofoil – Kissing Tubes – Kite – Mini Extermi-tater – Potato Bender – Potato Chip Crunchies – Potato Battery – Saucer Tosser – Shrunken (Potato) Head – Signal Mirror – Sound Spinner – Spud Crud – Spuddy Buddy – Walkie-Talkie – Windmill
– 96-page book providing step-by-step instructions
– Bag that can be turned into a kite, compass, or “hydofoil”
– Digital sound chip that plays “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” . . . powered by a potato! (spud not included)
– 6-inch propulsion pipe that launches spud pellets 50 feet!
– Recyclable base (makes a great Chipmobile chassis!)
– 6 optical stickers
– 6 chip lids (the wheels of the Chipmobile!)
– Spud-powered digital clock (once again, potato not included)
– 4 zinc and copper electrodes
– Googly eyes (Yeah!)
– Wire connectors
– Eco-friendly starch knife (to carve the Spuddy Buddy and Shrunken Potato Head)
– Packing “chips” (used as ammunition for the Confetti Can-non!)
Manufactured in the United States of America.
Potato Chip Science received the Gold Medal from The National Parenting Publication Awards, and a Gold “Brain Child” Medal from Tillywig.